Finding yourself a little stressed and need some tips?
BWHC case worker Lara has put together some helpful tips allowing you to practice good self-care and finding ways to manage stress.
Managing stress can include and is not limited to taking steps such as:
- Practicing or joining an activity such as meditating, yoga and stretching. -
- Education on the importance of healthy eating and exercising regularly,
even if it’s just going for a daily 10 minute walk outdoors.
- Having a good amount of sleep. On average an adult should be having 7 hours of sleep.
- Taking breaks from social media and news channels, it’s good to be informed but hearing about the traumatic events around the world constantly can be upsetting. Consider limiting this to a few times a week.
- Having regular health check-ups with your primary GP. This could be for the purpose of reviewing your current medication, talking about a mental health plan and having your regular screenings and health checks.
- Planning your week ahead, using your calendar or physical planner/calendar to write down your appointments, dishes you wish to cook during the week and time for self-care.
On Wednesdays, BWHC runs Active Women, a group where topics include health and well-being with a 45 minute Yoga session focusing on the mind, body and spirit to improve balance, strength, physical ability and falls prevention. This is through the teaching of breathing techniques which provides a sense of relaxation and stress relief.